“To empower you spiritually, inform you intellectually, inspire you with hope and determination, and motivate you with drive and renewed strength to stand bold in your purpose and live out your faith in this ever-changing world.” (A.R. Bernard)
SHE SHINES! is a women’s conference especially designed for black women. The purpose of this conference is to mobilize, empower, engage, enrich, and inspire a collective network of women from various walks of life and diverse experiences.
SHE SHINES, as she embraces her culture while aspiring to live a thriving, God-inspired purposeful life in her home, workplace, community, houses of worship, and in the public sphere.
Our three-word purpose statement:
Inspire, Hope, and Shine motivates us to uplift and celebrate sisterhood.
To mobilize, empower, and inspire women to:
See beyond the impossibilities and to visualize the insurmountable opportunities that lies beyond her current circumstances and barriers.
Highlight and emphasize that she is endowed with strength, power, creativity, humor, and intellect.
Insulate her heart with God’s love, her mind with knowledge, and her body with energy and strength for her journey.
Never compromise her convictions, morals, principles, and ethics which will only lead to one’s demise; but rather nourish her spirit and soul with that which brings forth life!
Embrace her distinct culture and unique body image and likeness that is wonderfully made by God.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS
CONFERENCE IS TO:
Excite and energize the consciousness of women by:
(1) Validating the importance of self-care, meaningful relationships, and the benefits of balancing life, work, and productivity.
(2) Heightening attendees’ awareness about civic participation, activism, and mobilizing women to collectively use and exercise their power and voice in the public square.
(3) Encouraging and supporting women to pursue and serve in key leadership positions in various professions, industries, communities, and government sectors; and
(4) Assessing the intersectionality of faith, values, ethics, and principles in the workplace and communities.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION FEE?
Healthy Sit-Down Lunch & Snacks
Lively Panel Workshop Discussions facilitated by national & local acclaimed speakers
Vendor Village & Resource Fair
And Much More!!
2 0 2 1
SHE STILL SHINES!
REGISTRATION INFO (IN-PERSON)
SHE’S SHINING General Registration $0.00
SHE’S GLOWING Registration Package CLOSED
(Includes: She Shines Tee Shirt, She Shines SWAG Bag, Bracelet, and entry into the
SHE’S GLOWING RAFFLE PRIZE)
SENIOR DISCOUNT (must be 65 +) Registration CLOSED
WATCH THE CONFERENCE ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH @ 9:00 AM & THE GOSPEL CONCERT LIVE ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH @ 3:30PM ON OUR CELEBRATING SISTERHOOD FB PAGE.
Enter a drawing to win a BEST FRIEND DAY for you and your BEST Friend.
* Submit an essay to www.sheshinesconference.com about your friendship.
Your essay must include the following:
1. State your full name and best friend’s full name
2. How long you have been friends
3. What makes your friendship unique, and why is it important to you, and
4. Share a challenging experience that made your friendship stronger.
5. What makes your friendship SHINE?
* Conference Registration is required for BOTH you and your best friend.
* The winning best friends must be present at the time of the drawing to receive the prize.
Email your essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line type: BEST FRIENDS ESSAY CONTEST.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE: OCT 9, 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS!